May 25, 2011

Time Flies

I cannot believe it's been close to two months since my last post! Between the day job, family commitments and working on my current book project, time does indeed have a way of flying by.

But do not fret gentle collectors - a post on the premier book pertaining to Northern medical operations, Doctors in Blue: The Medical History of the Union Army, is forthcoming.

In the interim, two comments. First off, I visited the 33rd annual Ann Arbor (MI) Book Fair this past Sunday. As book fairs go, I'd say it's on the smaller side, nevertheless it was well stocked with scores of beautiful first editions in all literary genres at breathtaking prices. Civil War books however, were another story. Frankly, I was amazed at the relative lack of quality Civil War titles being offered. This was especially perplexing considering the ongoing sesquicentennial. Have others noticed anything similar?

Second, as I was signing on, I noticed at my "dashboard" that the April 5 post was #300. Amazing. This blog has been a source of great amusement for myself as well as a bibliographic learning experience. It was and is intended as a light-hearted gathering spot for Civil War book collectors. A cuppa joe and a friendly chat if you will. Nothing too serious though I do go off on a tangent from time to time. If you, fellow collector, have learned anything or enjoyed visiting from time to time, then it's been time well spent for me.

No comments: